MEET - LISA STIDHAM


My name is Lisa Stidham. I am 35 years old. I was born Lisa Ann Mclemore in Hayti, Missouri in 1971. My mother is Evelyn McLemore and My father is Edward McLemore. I have two sisters, Angie, Wellington and Crystal Huggins. My parents were divorced when I was very young and so my mother became my everything. There was nothing she couldn't do. We were very close growing up and still are today. My dad lives in Sikeston, Missouri and is remarried with two other children.

I wasn't raised in church, so I experienced a lot of things as a teenager. My sister was a Christian and I watched her take a stand when it wasn't popular. But, I decided to follow the crowd. I started dating Greg Stidham in December, 1989. Greg was one of a kind. He lived in Prattville, AL with his parents. He went to church with his mother, who had raised him very well. He was a very good person.

I went to college to be a cosmetologist and graduated in 1994. My sister Angie and I moved in together in my grandmother's house and she started to minister to me. She made a huge impact on my life. She lived a life that showed Jesus to me. I finally gave my life over to God; what a wonderful day that was.

Greg and I decided to get married in June 1994. We had a struggle for the first year. I went to church and he wouldn't go with me. It was very hard for me to continue going alone, but God was with me.

In 1999, we had our only child, Bailey Brooke Stidham. She was born very sick and was flown to Huntsville Hospital the next morning. Greg and I were scared to death, but we had so many people there with us who loved us. Finally Greg gave his life to the Lord during this time that Bailey was sick. Our lives changed so much that three months.

The thing I want you to know most is that God was faithful to us. When we weren't strong enough to walk, God walked with us and carried us at times. There are so many other things I could share with you, but the main thing is that no matter what you face in life, God is enough for you. This was a very difficult time in our lives, But I wouldn't trade it for anything. Because of what we came through, our marriage is stronger, our faith is stronger, and we have a beautiful, loving, full of life daughter who makes us feel very blessed.

In June we will be married 13 years and we are very happy. God changed our lives; He healed us in so many ways. We are partners in this journey and we are growing closer to each other and closer to God everyday. We are always here to help any of you who need us. We thank God for all of you, our church family. We love you all very much. Just as Greg, Bailey and I are going to make it, with God's help we all can make it together.

Love,
Lisa Stidham

No comments: